Friday, December 16, 2022

Day Twelve (Part Two) - Gimli Seawall Gallery

And now for something more traditional...the feature attraction of the seawall are the numerous murals that make up the Gimli Seawall Gallery.  Enjoy!













By the time I had finished my photography for the day it was time for a nap.  Had a much deeper sleep than is usual for a late afternoon nap...I think the sea air wafting in through the partially open balcony door had something to do with it.  Was slow to get moving but once I was up and at 'em my first duty was to download all the photos taken that day onto a pair of back-up hard drives I carry on road trips.  I wouldn't want to lose all my photos because of some software glitch or other computer ailment.  Backing up the daily photos, along with filling the car with gas, are end-of-the-day road trip habits.  I prefer my mornings to be unencumbered by menial tasks. 

Now, with my duties fulfilled, it was time to eat.  The hotel restaurant offered a Rueben on rye which turned out to be a good choice...with a beer, or was that two.

Photographed in Gimli, Manitoba on October 19, 2022.

2 comments:

  1. Those murals are a great way to beautiful what would otherwise just be grey concrete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colourful murals are definitely a welcome addition to the seawall.

      Delete