Saturday, December 10, 2022

Day Nine - Sculptures

Day Eight had been a long day on the road so sleeping in on Day Nine was top priority.  Having accomplished that small feat it was then time to pack up and get  rolling.  The breakfast room at the motel had already closed so I went around the corner for a ham and egg breakfast sandwich.  You gotta love all-day-breakfast.


Not far south of Brandon these stone and concrete sculptures caught my eye and imagination.  A little touch of mystery and intrigue (...and I know what you're thinking) on the prairie landscape.  


It turned out to be my lucky day for exploring as I ran across half a dozen places that hadn't turned up in my research.  


Stopped for lunch in Wawanesa for a slice of delicious homemade lasagna at a great little restaurant downtown then continued on with my day trip.  Had phoned my sister in Brandon earlier and we planned to get together for supper.  It was early evening by the time I got to her place and after going out for a chicken Caesar salad we spent the rest of the night at her house catching up.    

Photographed on October 16, 2022.

4 comments:

  1. Brandon and southwestern Manitoba! My old stomping grounds! But I've never seen those "statues" before. They must be new. The start of a new kinky "Stonehenge" perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up close it looks very new (no signs of weathering on the concrete at all). Kinky Stonehenge...I like that!

      Delete
  2. I will resist the urge to comment on the kinky aspect. Someone with a sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete