Sunday, May 07, 2023

Leinan S.D. No. 314


My last stop on a five day road trip through southern Saskatchewan.


I wasn't sure if this one was still standing but as you can see from the photos it's not only still upright but in pretty good condition (considering it's been abandoned for fifty years).


I think someone didn't do so well in Spelling Class.




The overhang above the door and "wall of windows" are familiar features on many pioneer schoolhouses.


Photographed near Leinan, Saskatchewan on October 20, 2017.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Great old schoolhouse.

    People running around to very rural places and taking photos has become popular. At least I think it has based on the number of people seeing do it. One of these days these places will disappear we will have photos from many different people to remind us of what once was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it could be called rural tourism (or something like that). I hope these rural tourists can somehow preserve their photos for everyone to see.

      Delete
  2. I like what BW said about having photos to remind us of what once was. Probably one of the reasons why I feel so driven to recreate so many old buildings in my fabric landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And beautiful landscapes they are. I'm honoured that you picked a few of my photos for inspiration.

      Photos of what once was...and what they are now.

      Delete