Friday, May 05, 2023

Old Riverside Bridge







This bridge, officially named Concrete Arch Bridge No. 1580, is known to the locals as Old Riverside Bridge.  At one time it was the primary crossing over the Souris River north of Heaslip, Manitoba but is now used mainly by local traffic.  

It's always a treat to cross the river on an historic bridge.




Later in the day I was able to get a few shots of this gracefully arched bridge from the new bridge to the west. 

Then it was back to Brandon for supper with my sister. 

Photographed on October 16, 2022.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Debra. I'm sure the locals enjoy crossing this beautiful old bridge daily.

      Delete
  2. Nice that it's still in use and some government official hasn't seen fit to close it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few with "Road Closed" signs but no one pays them any mind. What you never want to hear is, "Hello, I'm from the government and I'm here to help you." Argh!

      Delete