Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Heather's Garden

Yesterday a friend and I went out to Saint Margaret's to tend to some gardening duties.  While Richard tidied up the border around the church I tended to Heather's Garden.


I was pleased to see that many of the perennials including prairie crocuses, salvias, aromatic sage and several others had survived the harsh winter.  


After cleaning up I decided to go all out and fill every little bare space with new plants.  Planting is such a joyous thing...and having Heather to guide me along was a pleasure.


A special thanks to Richard for helping out.  On my own, I would never have been able to accomplish all that we did in one day.     

Photographed at Saint Margaret's Church and Cemetery near Eagle Butte in the beautiful Cypress Hills of Alberta on May 30, 2023.

6 comments:

  1. How lovely
    .how touching..thank you. My daughter Heather so enjoyed plants rocks and bullerflies⁸..I'll always remember her last words to you...you're doing just that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome David. Heather's last words to me are a treasure...and will keep my promise.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Debra. It's always a pleasure to tend Heather's Garden.

      Delete
  3. Bless you (and Richard) for tending to the garden. It's wonderful to know that there are people like you who appreciate such places and the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MA. I saw Heather's Garden again just yesterday...all the plants seem to be happy and thriving.

      Delete