Saturday, August 21, 2021

Thingvalla S.D. No. 108



The sign at the original site of the first (and second) Thingvalla School.



A huge stone monument at the site of the third Thingvalla School.

I had spent the better part of the day visiting the sites around Churchbridge, Saskatchewan...and lucky for me I met a couple of local fellows who gave me directions to a few spots that I would have otherwise missed.  They were humble and unassuming (to say the least) but as we talked I soon realized they were responsible for not only the acknowledgement but the upkeep of the historical sites in the area.  My heart goes out to those who keep our history alive.  Good on 'em!

Photographed on October 10, 2020.

2 comments:

  1. Good on them indeed! We need more dedicated people such as them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People like this are priceless. Great to visit with the caretakers of our history.

      Delete