Sunday, August 01, 2021

Road Trip Day Five - Kaplychka


A revisit to Kaplychka, the little chapel in the meadow near Rhein, Saskatchewan.  I first saw it in the winter of 2020 and deemed it well worth another visit...this time in summer.


It is completely hidden from view by tall trees and scrub brush.


The old bell tower is still hanging on.  A tree fell onto the roof some time ago but doesn't seem to have caused any major damage.


Part of the cemetery is behind the chapel...


...and part across the meadow.


It looks at though the grass hasn't been mown for a few years now.


I believe the little chapel in the meadow has been abandoned.

More information and photos here:  Kaplychka

Photographed on July 28, 2021.

4 comments:

  1. I was recently in Rhein. I missed this completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sad to see. I appreciate the old structure of course, but it saddens me to see the tombstones being neglected like that. Such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe someone in the area will have a heart and lend a hand.

      Delete