Friday, July 21, 2023

Westhazel S.D. No. 1337

The sky was thick with smoke from the forest fires in British Columbia as I drove from Medicine Hat to Lloydminster this past Saturday.  Smoky skies are, in a word, oppressive but, to my delight  I woke up to clear blue skies the following morning.  I always function better on a sunny day...after breakfast, it was time to hit the road and enjoy the nice weather and visit some of the historical sites in the area.  Westhazel School was just one of many discoveries during my Sunday drive. 


This little one-room schoolhouse is in pretty rough condition but still looks pretty solid.  Hope it stands upright for many more years.   





Glad I had a chance to visit on such a pleasant day.


Photographed near Westhazel, Saskatchewan on July 16, 2023.

6 comments:

  1. Nice shots, Michael. I often wonder how many of these old one room schools still exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saskatchewan is the place to go for historical schoolhouses.

      Delete
  2. Looks like the school is well protected by the greenery around it. Glad the skies cleared - smoke has been such a problem this year, even here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks close to the same when I was here a few years back.

    ReplyDelete