Sunday, July 30, 2023

Orthell Township School

One of several abandoned schoolhouses I saw on a trip to North Dakota late last month.  It was an enjoyable time traveling the back roads in an "all new to me" area.  Lots to see and the weather was agreeable as well.   








The birds in the sky are swallows and their nests are thick under the eaves of the school.  Abandoned buildings make great homes and shelters for wild birds and animals of all sorts.

Photographed near Zahl, North Dakota on June 22, 2023.

6 comments:

  1. Ideal home for swallows and I'm sure they are happy to share with other creatures too, unless they want to eat the eggs or the babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be difficult to get into their mud nests (though I'm sure some of the other birds try).

      Delete
  2. North Dakota looks as empty as Saskatchewan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess North Dakota should be on my travel list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lack of things to see in North Dakota. Highly recommended!

      Delete