Monday, October 10, 2022

Long Shots (Star Mound)


Long shots of Star Mound School near Snowflake, Manitoba.  The name "Snowflake" is equal parts imaginative and evocative...kudos to the person or persons who came up with that.  

Established in 1886, the school is only about four miles north of the Canada/U.S.A. border.  And you know you can't ask for a better place to be on a summer road trip than in the middle of nowhere!  I'm sure you know what I mean.  Happy road-tripping!


Photographed on August 17, 2022. 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, "Snowflake" is a triumph of wry understatement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra. Glad I finally had a chance to visit Snowflake (when there were no snowbanks).

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I love being in the middle of nowhere. My dad always headed down the roads less traveled as I was growing up and I inherited that gene from him. Unfortunately Resident Chef is not so adventurous and prefers to stay on the beaten path. His loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always liked the phrase, "let's get lost." Just thinking of a back roads trip is an adventure just waiting to happen.

      Delete