Saturday, October 30, 2021

Someone Remembered

A return visit to Holy Ascension Orthodox Chapel and Cemetery.

My last visit here in late-July revealed the little chapel surrounded in a sea of tall grass, the grave markers engulfed in the dense greenery.  In a word, "lush." 


Being in the area again a few months later I decided on a return visit late one afternoon and much to my delight, someone remembered...


...to cut the grass...


...and remove the broken tree branch that had fallen on the bell tower.  Thank you.


I like to look in on this mostly forgotten artifact of the past from time to time...there's a good feeling here.  And I'm happy to know that someone else feels that way too.

Everyone in the area knows the little chapel as "Kaplychka."  


Photographed near Rhein, Saskatchewan on October 9, 2021.

2 comments: