Saturday, July 24, 2021

July 24 Part 2 - William and Mary


Sunset...


...and sunrise. 

William and Mary Trischuk were my maternal grandparents.  They were both born in Ukraine and immigrated individually to Canada in the early 1900's.


Didn't really get a chance to know them in any meaningful way...my loss.  

Though I've been told I look much like a "Truman," I feel much more like a "Trischuk."  Each of mom's family members had elusive and captivating personalities...impossible to pin down and always left one wondering.  Family was an art.

Headstones photographed at Woodlawn Cemetery in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan on October 12 and 13, 2020.  Thank you to the unknown photographer of "William and Mary."

6 comments:

  1. "Elusive and captivating personalities" -- sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks BW. Family history is not something I share all that often.

      Delete
  3. Of course there's no date for the family photo - but it's rare to see both people actually smiling. They must have been happy people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what little I remember of them, yes...I'd say they were very happy people and able to share that happiness with good grace.

      Delete