Thursday, July 09, 2020

Elim Lutheran



A tiny church with a well populated cemetery not too far away from Tiny, Saskatchewan.


My best guess is that the church would seat about fifteen souls.


Even though it's small it has a distinct entryway and belltower.


A wooden bench behind the church for a rest.


The grounds are well maintained and the headstones are mostly upright and in good condition.


Many of the headstones are recently new...folks remembering their ancestors.


My favourite photo of the church...simple and stark.


A brass plaque at the entrance to the grounds.

Elim Lutheran Church and Cemetery was photographed on December 12, 2019.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I think my favourites are the little churches. The big ones are impressive, but the little ones somehow seem more 'church-ly' (if that makes even one bit of sense!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. The little ones are just a little more special...but I have to admit I like 'em all no matter if they're big or small.

      Delete