Sunday, July 21, 2019

Three Windows




Three stained glass windows at the Foremost United Church in Alberta.

A couple of months ago I was on a road trip through the County of Forty Mile in southern Alberta.  I'd stopped in Foremost for an early lunch and on my way out of town I took an alternate route to my usual which led me past the Foremost United Church.

From just driving past I could tell they had some lovely stained glass windows.  I got out of the car  just as a man walked by..."by any chance would you know who has a key to the church?"  He pointed up a few blocks up the street..."the people who live on the corner might know."

I then met up with a young mother and baby who said..."try here."  After a short trek I then met up with a young lady who phoned Deb...Deb and I were to meet at the church in ten minutes...which we did.

After a talk about town and country she said..."lock up when you're done."  I love small towns.  Thank you Deb for giving me the opportunity to photograph the beautiful windows in your church!



There are several other stained glass windows in the church but these three that depict farm life were my immediate favourites.


The three windows together on the west wall of the church.

Photographed on May 29, 2019.

4 comments:

  1. I love modern stained glass, especially if it depicts local areas and everyday scenes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were a real treat to see.

      Thank you for your visits and comments. They are much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Those are great, not the typical church stained glass but I like them nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's no wonder you stopped and took the time to search for someone to let you in. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete