Monday, July 01, 2019

Half Moon over Gap View Cemetery



A country cemetery north of Forget, Saskatchewan.

I had been out all day taking photos of old cemeteries and churches in the area.  As I headed back to the hotel in Estevan I noticed I had missed this one...so, with the sun quickly setting, I detoured off the highway in hopes of catching it before dark.

When I arrived the half moon was well above the Gap View Cemetery sign and what little sunlight was left was reflected by the snow...twilight time.  This was really beautiful.

Above is the Gap View Cemetery sign with the half moon.  The entire cemetery is enclosed with a very old caragana hedge.



A lone pine tree set amongst the marble headstones.  Notice the hills looking eastward from the cemetery...proof that there are hills in Saskatchewan.


One of many children's headstones in the cemetery.


Outside the cemetery looking south.


Hmmm, not sure what this is all about.


Sunset is nearing a close.


Time to get back to the car.


One last look before getting back on the road...supper and a warm hotel room are just an hour away.  For anyone unfamiliar with the area, Forget is pronounced 'For-jhay."

Photographed of December 16, 2018.

3 comments:

  1. I must admit I got a chuckle out of the 'Visitor' hat - guess it's better to be a visitor than a permanent resident!

    ReplyDelete