Friday, July 05, 2019

Summer Garden



I spend many enjoyable hours gardening in this yard.  I've spent the better part of the past week pruning the shrubs and making sure everything looks its best.

Above: the front yard is full of ferns, vines and shrubs of all kinds.


Welcome to the back yard.  The round fountain in the red brick circle is a solid piece of carved granite.  It makes just the best noise (and it's one of the cat's favourite spot for a drink).


Great place for a bar-b-que.


Great place for a glass of wine or a beer.


The big tiered fountain in the back makes a big splashing sound.  Birds love to bath in the top tier.


This is Oliver.  He keeps an eye on me when I'm working.  Whenever he thinks I need a rest he comes by for a cuddle (and a treat).  The other cat was inside having a cat-nap.


This is a nicely enclosed area for anyone who wants some privacy.


One last look before it's time to go home.  (Mental note...don't forget to turn off the fountains.)

Photographed on July 4, 2019.

7 comments:

  1. So lovely! Fountains are always great in a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen your work in person and you are an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful - I gather it's not yours? Alas our gardening days are over - it's apartment life for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my yard...I'm a private gardener and this is my all-time favourite yard.

      Delete
  4. Someday, I hope to have a yard half that nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great space, so lush and full of life. Nice work Michael.

    ReplyDelete