Friday, July 19, 2019

Roseflat S.D. No. 3596



An abandoned one-room school near Fox Valley, Saskatchewan.

This one is in pretty rough condition but I was glad to see it still standing.  Looks great against that prairie sky.


There was still a little snow left but it was sweater-weather.


These telephone poles have been stored here for years and years.


The historical sites in the area are marked with signs of like design.


This basic design just screams "Saskatchewan one-room school house."



Just as I was driving away I noticed something move in the stubble field.  I had to take a look and it turned out to be a raccoon.  I don't think I've ever seen one out here before.  Too bad I didn't have a couple of clams for him/her.

Photographed on April 5, 2018.

7 comments:

  1. Great photos! There's nothing quite like a prairie sky - and amazing that the school is still standing proud. I like the fact that someone thinks enough of it to provide the sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the historic signs were put up by the rural municipality.

      Thank you for your many visits and comments. Both are very much appreciated.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome for the visits - I've enjoyed your posts on 'BW's' blog so thought I would find something of interest here too.

      Delete
  2. Neat old school. LOL I always think of raccoons in Toronto and not out in the prairie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have them here in town down by the river. They're pretty clever!

      Delete