Monday, July 15, 2019

Église de Sainte-Jeanne-d’Arc



An abandoned Roman Catholic church in Dollard, Saskatchewan.



The area was predominantly settled by French speaking pioneers in the early 1900's.


I've photographed the church on a number of occasions but not until this visit did I get the photos that I thought "captured the spirit."



The church faces north so in order to get some light on the subject (I mean that literally) I got up early in the morning and hoped for the best.  "The best" was captured in these photos.


The clouds were like a pillow of winds above the sunlit structure...really beautiful.



Photographed on July 12, 2019.

3 comments:

  1. The clouds with the church are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been here and had a hard time trying to get a decent photo. It is a fairly big church. I like how you captured it.

    ReplyDelete