Monday, April 10, 2023

Lunner Norwegian Church

Some photos from a summer road trip through south and central Saskatchewan a few years ago.  


I stopped at Lunner Norwegian Church and Cemetery in the early afternoon on the second day of the trip and was instantly captivated: historic, rustic and charming...can't beat that!  I hope the photos capture the essence of my visit.




The church will celebrate its centennial this year.






Something that rarely happens but was certainly appreciated...each and every day of my week-long trek was filled with blue skies and green grass which in turn encouraged an overall carefree and light heartedness to the journey.  Easily one of the best road trips ever.

Photographed near Southey, Saskatchewan on August 3, 2020.

6 comments:

  1. I might have beat you to this one. I really like this one and hope it stays this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely looking church, happy Centennial Lunner Church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if there will be some sort of ceremony to mark the centennial - hope so.

    ReplyDelete