Saturday, April 22, 2023

Bowstring Bridge

A one-arch bowstring bridge south of Cadillac, Saskatchewan on Highway 4.  After checking my handy Saskatchewan Back Roads Atlas I believe the bridge crosses Bull Creek.  


BW Bandy and I were on a road trip for the day and even though I'd been through the area on several occasions I somehow missed this bridge completely.  He pointed it out as we drove past and was even kind enough to turn around and stop so I could get a few photos.  

Spending time on the road with a friend is always a good way to spend the day.

Photographed on April 8, 2023.

6 comments:

  1. Cool! I am sure I have seen a similar bridge somewhere near the Qu'Appelle Valley I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this one: https://michaeltruman.blogspot.com/2022/07/quappelle-river-bridge.html

      Delete
  2. Nice bridge - there's something about those bowstring bridges that's special. I don't know of any in our area, although I imagine there must be some somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really quite a thrill to drive across one...makes the bridge crossing a special occasion.

      As far as I know, most of them were built in Saskatchewan with a few in Manitoba.

      Delete