Sunday, February 05, 2023

Squirrelly

I was out at Daisy's house in Elkwater to shovel some snow a few days ago.  


No sooner had I picked up the shovel when the resident squirrel started chattering excitedly at me.  I'm sure he or she knows there's no serious threat but one must stand one's ground, right?  Pretty cute from this human's perspective.    


Less than an hour later I was finished and everything was back to normal...much to the squirrel's delight I'm sure.


Photographed in Elkwater, Alberta on February 3, 2023

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They definitely are territorial but they do put up with us humans. That's good for all of us.

      Delete
  2. Great shots!! ..did uou get a welcome or perhaps a scolding??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a scolding. I'm sure he or she was happy to see me driving down the driveway...everything was back to normal in the squirrel world.

      Delete
  3. I guess it's a little early for them to have babies although I know it's soon. Either way, maybe you weren't getting scolded as much as chatted at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still a winter wonderland out in Elkwater. Often the first signs of spring don't arrive until the long weekend in May. The babies arrive around the same time.

      Delete