Monday, February 20, 2023

"Ghost Church"


Rudser Lutheran Church stands like a "ghost church" on a country road in northwestern North Dakota.  At one time the centre of activity for miles around...now all covered in white and home only to ghosts of the past.








Still a lovely place...obviously well respected and well kept.  Bless those who take care of our history.

Can't believe it's been over five years since my visit.  What I remember is the beautiful fall weather and that it simply felt great to be out on the road.  Happy trails to you!

Photographed near Zahl, North Dakota on October 28, 2017.

4 comments:

  1. Towers steeples roof covering pinnacles in your photo studies..lead my eyes upward..and leave me in awe of the builders skill and courage..since I'm no fan of heights...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no fan of heights myself. Designing, constructing and then raising these beautiful pinnacles must have taken massive amounts of creativity and hard labour (and probably a horse or two).

      Delete
  2. Such a shame that it was boarded up but I guess it's not such a bad idea when it comes to preservation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boarding it up will help preserve the interior (which I'd love to see).

      Delete