Friday, February 10, 2023

Great News!

Some great news to share.  

My dear friend David Carter arranged for a meeting with the archivist at the Esplanade Arts & Heritage Centre here in Medicine Hat, Alberta today.  We soon established a mutual understanding that the preservation of our heritage was vastly important.

In brief...the photos I've taken covering much of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba along with isolated areas of North Dakota and Montana will now be preserved in perpetuity in the archives of the Esplanade.  Everyone with an interest in our history will have access to the photos of the historic sites I've had the pleasure to experience first hand.  


And what better way to celebrate than with photos of the Congregational Church at Gros Ventre-Tothill...


...and Daisy!


It's been a wondrous day of gratitude and appreciation that works both ways, and all around.  I'm feeling somewhat blessed at the moment so excuse me for blushing.  I believe a glass of champagne is in order.


Daisy at the Congregational Church was photographed near Gros Ventre-Tothill, Alberta on October 2, 2022.  

8 comments:

  1. The colors are dynamic!...Daisy's in her joyous element having been driven as Miss Daisy.
    I'm pleased your extensive collection received such a positive response by Philip Pype curator archivist..a pivotal moment in digital prrservation. Honoured to be present

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. It's not often meetings go so well. Am very glad my photos have found a permanent home where they can be enjoyed by everyone.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is fabulous news indeed! Yes, have a glass of champagne! I raise my cup of coffee to your success! Just think how future generations will be grateful for your photographic history of the prairie provinces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news, Michael! I'm glad your images will be preserved for future generations to refer to and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think more than one glass of champagne was in order! Congratulations - what an honour to have your work appreciated and now together for more people to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course more than one glass of champagne was consumed. :-)

      Delete