Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Paisley Brook S.D. No. 3434




I wasn't sure if this one was still standing or not but since it was a beautiful spring day I decided to take a chance and go for a drive to see for myself.  As it turned out, the schoolhouse was still standing and in pretty nice condition.  The flag flying above the marker was almost new...obviously someone cares about this pioneer school.  It even has it's original wooden siding and cedar shake roof.


Swallows had a few nests under the eaves so they were dive-bombing me while I took pictures...just protecting their babies.


Something unusual is the relatively truncated bank of windows.  The windows usually fill most of one side of the building but not in this case.     


Photographed near Big Beaver, Saskatchewan on May 26, 2022.

2 comments:

  1. The school must have been really dim due to the lack of windows. Nice to see that someone cares enough to provide a flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever seen another one with such small windows.

      Delete