Sunday, September 26, 2021

On the Road Day Two - Notre Dame de Savoie


On my way to a planned destination I noticed a sign beside the road for Notre Dame de Savoi Cimetière.  Never one to pass up an opportunity to see a country cemetery I followed the directions.  Upon arrival I saw a well manicured cemetery on one corner of the intersection and just opposite was this old church...


...which hasn't hasn't seen any love in a long, long time.


Not a straight line anywhere to be seen.


The building is slowly being dismantled by nature.


On a happier note...the cemetery sees some love on a regular basis.


Notre Dame de Savoie is near Halkirk, Alberta.


In another time...this where the local people would congregate on Sundays and special occasions.

Photographed on September 17, 2021.

6 comments:

  1. It's so sad to see a church just barely clinging to life like that. You'd think all those prairie winds would topple it at a moments notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I caught this while it was still more-or-less upright. If I lived in the area I would make it a regular stop throughout the seasons.

      Delete
  2. It still stands. Amazing how it has hung on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the last time I saw pictures of the church was on your blog. It looked in better condition than it does now.

      Delete
  3. Surprised it's still standing....minus the bell tower now.

    ReplyDelete