Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Saint Joseph near Mayfair

 

I woke up in the motel in North Battleford, Saskatchewan and as soon as I looked out the window I knew I was in for a treat...everything was thick with hoar frost.  As long as the sun didn't come out the frost would last for hours.  After a bite to eat and gas for the car I was on my way. 

I had been in the general area about a year previously and wanted to see a few spots that would now be covered with snow.  Everything looks different in a winter landscape.  Winter is a fresh view of things...all is clean, cold and white.

Not far from Mayfair I chanced upon Saint Joseph's Roman Catholic Church.

The octagonal steeple is unusual and appealing.

A perennial symbol at Catholic churches and cemeteries...the free standing cross.  

A shot of the church from the cemetery across the road.  I admit to having a soft spot for churches painted this creamy yellow colour...it's just so inviting and comfortable.

Photographed on November 23, 2020.


6 comments:

  1. The yellow church against the snow is a pretty scene for sure. This one looks as though it could still be in use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hoar frost! Everything looks lovely with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It was overcast all day so this is how everything looked until dark. Quite a treat!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks BW. Slow and steady...who knows what lies around the next corner.

      Delete