Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Indoor Winter Garden and Friends


A few months ago I decided to assemble an indoor garden for the winter months.  Most of the plants had spent from mid-spring to late-fall out on the balcony so, when the time came, I picked my favourites and brought them inside.  The remainder of the plants were given to a friend who is planning to incorporate them into a living wall.  



Having plants indoors really does make each and every day better...gloomy weather days are more bearable, and sunny days feel glorious.  And to further augment the visual aspect I placed a few of Tim Paul's exquisite Nuu-chah-nulth red cedar carvings painted in black and white amongst the greenery.  They fit in seamlessly to  create an indoor winter garden of delight and wonderment.

Behind the garden are Tim's totem pole and moon mask, completing the scene.




Photographed in Medicine Hat, Alberta on December 11, 2023.

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful green area to brighten your home during winter! And oh my, what absolutely gorgeous indigenous art! Did you buy them in British Columbia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have some indoor greenery.

      The sculptures were private commissions with the artist.

      Delete
  2. You certainly have a green thumb! It's wonderful to have lots of plants if you can manage to keep them alive. I seem to have issues with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my best. Most of my plants are succulents and are relatively care-free. Give them some sunlight and a drink every so often and they're happy.

      Delete
  3. I'm impressed ..so green.. lush relaxing..smells remind me of tropics

    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. Glad I brought some balcony plants in to brighten up the winter days.

      Delete