Sunday, January 29, 2023

Little Church near Big Meadow


Almost a year ago I was on a road trip that took me to the Bonnyville, Alberta area for a few days.  There was lots of snow but the roads were in good shape and on most days the temperature hovered around 0°C...my kind of winter.


Along the way I had the pleasure to visit this little country church, known to the locals as the Lessard Historic Church.  It's obviously cared for but unfortunately I could find no information about it.   



Nevertheless, I did get some nice photos of the church and cemetery in a winter setting.


The official name of the church is Saint John the Baptist Ukrainian Orthodox Church and is located north of Big Meadow, Alberta.  


About four months later I stopped by for a revisit when the grass was green.  Those pictures will be posted tomorrow.

Photographed on February 26, 2022.

2 comments:

  1. Proves that churches don't have to be large - this one is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I've come across a few dozen of these "little country churches" in my travels.

      Delete