Thursday, August 04, 2022

Day Lilies for the Dead

Beautiful little cemetery on a hillside where the day lilies were in full bloom.







I was staying in Dauphin for a few days where the better part of my day was spent out in the countryside taking in the sights.  Each evening I'd make it back to the motel just as the sun was setting and on my last night there I struck up a conversation with the acting desk clerk, where, as it turned out...her parents were buried in the cemetery at Rhodes.  She had also seen the beautiful day lilies in full bloom.  I love these little connections that are seemingly "out of the blue."  Small world.  She was an avid gardener too.

Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery was photographed near Rhodes, Manitoba on July 24, 2022.

2 comments:

  1. You meet the most interesting people if you're not afraid to strike up a conversation.

    ReplyDelete