Sunday, May 24, 2020

Spring Flowers



Spring is now in full gear and that means spring flowers.  The century-old property where I was gardening today had three different varieties of old-fashioned lilacs blooming.  The white lilacs above were just beginning to open...



...but these lavender and rosy-pink ones were giving their all.


Lots of dark purple irises blooming in bunches along two sides of the fence.


More irises with lilies-of-the-valley and a sedum that won't bloom until fall.


When I started working in the yard last year I found this tiny frog sculpture under a shrub.  He is now guardian of the back yard.


A personal favourite are these little violas.  They've now been blooming for over two weeks.


Can't wait for these white lilacs to fully open. 

Photographed on May 24, 2020.

4 comments:

  1. Lilacs, irises and johnny-jump-ups! The flowers of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could smell the lilacs on my most recent walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent of lilacs in the air is truly wonderful! It's good to enjoy the little things.

      Delete