Thursday, June 13, 2019

Ranch Signs


November 24, 2017
I often come across ranch signs in all shapes and sizes on my road trips.  Here are some favourites from a few years ago.

Above is Lepley Creek Ranch along Mission Road in north-central Montana.  It's a captivating landscape with rolling hills on one side of the road and buttes rising above the prairie on the other.  The town of Cascade is not far to the south.

June 18, 2017
A windy day at Arrowhead Ranch (notice all the trees are leaning to the right).  A little south of Dunmore, Alberta along Eagle Butte Road.  I was on my way to Saint Margaret's Church and Cemetery to get some weeding done before it got too hot.

August 5, 2017
Ebon Hill Ranch is near Whitla, Alberta along Highway #3.  I was enjoying a Saturday afternoon off from work...a nice break!

September 28, 2017
East of Irvine, Alberta is the Sundance Buffalo Ranch where they have a large herd of bison.  This is where the bison I put on my plate is pasture raised.  I was lucky to catch a vapour trail too.

June 20, 2017
Bar J Ranch, a carved and painted wooden sign not far from Iddesleigh, Alberta.  Dinosaur Provincial Park is close to the northwest.

July 5, 2017
Near an acreage where I do some gardening.  I like the live horses intermingling with the elk on the steel mesh Mapstone's sign.  This is close to Medicine Hat, Alberta.

August 11, 2017
West of Fox Valley, Saskatchewan is Flat Valley Farm...not exactly a ranch but they did have a few animals...

August 11, 2017
...and here are a couple of the characters that live there.  The expression on that donkey's face! That's what I get for calling him an ass..."Same to you, buddy!"  Even with all that attitude you can't help but love donkeys.

May 28, 2017
West of Irvine, Alberta is this large timber and steel sign for Friemark Ranching.  The Cypress Hills are about a half hour to the south.

October 26, 2017
I spotted this attractive sign south of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan in an even more attractive landscape.  I'd never been on this stretch of highway before and it didn't let me down visually.  Gomersall Ranch is quite a ways down that road.

July 31, 2017
A few miles south of the Great Sand Hills of Saskatchewan is this antler-adorned ranch gate within a gate beside an even taller gate.  One of the most memorable ranch signs I've seen in the recent past.  No name on this one but with a presentation like that, who needs one?

Hope you enjoyed the tour.

2 comments:

  1. I have only seen the Friemark one. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave is the Sundance Buffalo one, but they are all attractive.

    ReplyDelete