Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Aspens and Buffalo Beans



A view of the Cypress Hills coming to life after the winter season.

The photo above reveals springtime and all its many shades of green.


The leaves on the aspens hadn't developed beyond the early transparent green phase where light easily passes through them.  


A little closer and the black and white bark on the aspens catches the eye.


Below in the valley were hundreds and hundreds of buffalo beans in full bloom.


Nice place for a picnic.

Photographed on May 26, 2019.

3 comments:

  1. This last weekend I saw a small field of yellow, I though to myself that it was too early for canola and that maybe it was buffalo beans. I still don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of buffalo beans until now, so much 'do a google' and find out more. The many shades of green in the spring are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete