Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Sunday

These wonderful wood carvings are a recent addition to Saint Joseph's Cemetery at Frenchville, Saskatchewan.  







The crucifix has been here for some years now but the carvings of Mary, Joseph and the birds on top of the gate posts are new as of this past summer.  A heartfelt "thank you" to those devoted souls for making Saint Joseph's Cemetery an even more beautiful spot than it was before.

Enjoy your Easter Sunday.

Photographed on January 25, 2022.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks BW. The new sculptures were a pleasant surprise. Frenchville is not forgotten.

      Delete
  2. These are all wonderful. I wonder if the birds are representative of the peace doves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MA. Doves, yes...but as they're at the gate of a cemetery I think they would be mourning doves.

      Delete
    2. I didn't catch on myself until I looked at the photos a few months later. Sometimes it takes awhile for things to sink in...if you know what I mean.

      Delete