Saturday, March 13, 2021

Saint Joseph at Frenchville


The crucifix in Saint Joseph Cemetery at Frenchville, Saskatchewan.


It's no surprise that many of the names are of French heritage.


A second look at the crucifix from the township road.  This recent and most welcome addition to cemetery is quite a remarkable carving and well worth the drive to see it first hand.


Saint Joseph Parish is just down the road from the cemetery.  


Over the years the original church built in 1912 was bursting at the seams with growing families.  It was replaced in 1939-40 by the building seen in these photographs.  The small covered cairn to the left of the church houses the bell from the church bell tower.  Pull the rope...ring it loud! 


Photographed on June 12, 2020.

2 comments:

  1. I have been to Frenchville. Your photos turned out a lot better than mine, especially the crucifix. I wonder what the inside of the church looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was staying overnight in Eastend so I went out after supper to get the photos. In a perfect world buildings wouldn't face north.

      I'd be curious to see inside the church myself.

      Delete