Friday, August 21, 2020

Palmer Township School



I was really hoping that I'd be able to make a road trip or two into North Dakota and Minnesota this coming fall but I don't think that will come to fruition...at least not in the near future but hopefully soon.

In the meantime I've been scouring through photos from a few winters ago when I spent some time in North Dakota searching out (mostly) old Lutheran churches and cemeteries as well as pioneer schools.

This is Palmer Township School.


The flagpole is still straight and true.


There are banks of windows on both the south and west sides of the building.  Must have been hot inside in the warmer months.


The leafless tree adds a touch of eeriness to the overcast winter day.


Nice big swing set for the kids to enjoy during recess too.

Photographed near Wildrose, North Dakota on December 19, 2018.

2 comments: