Thursday, January 02, 2020

Farm Dogs



I often encounter farm dogs on my road trips.


This pair of Great Pyrenees was "guarding" the road that passed by their farm, each one positioned on opposite sides of the road.  Even with all the snow they're easy to spot...they are big dogs.  As soon as I stopped they cautiously came up to the driver's door.  I rolled down the window and in no time they were sniffing and licking my hand.  A few pats on the head were satisfactory and then it was back to their posts, waiting for the next traveler.

Photographed near Fort Pelly, Saskatchewan on December 20, 2019.

6 comments:

  1. I would have stopped to make friends with these two as well. They are gorgeous dogs! I've always been a fan of big dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always freaks me out when dogs come running towards my car out of nowhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never take chances but, I've found most farm dogs to be pretty friendly.

      Delete