Friday, September 06, 2019

Stranraer United Church



Situated on a hillside in the former hamlet of Stranraer, Saskatchewan.  The clouds almost appear to vibrate in the bright blue sky.


The church is a designated Municipal Heritage Site.  Construction of the building began in 1926 and was completed in 1929.


The weathervane/lightning rod atop the spire.


A simpler lightning rod and red brick chimney...the latter of which has seen better days.


The church seated about one hundred people comfortably and the basement is one large room with a kitchen which is used as a community hall.


I saw this church during a trip to Rosetown, Saskatchewan.  Gardening was pretty well finished for the season and a road trip was "just what the doctor ordered."  I was blessed with beautiful weather for the entire four days and the majority of what I saw was all new to me.  It's always good to see new things.

Information courtesy of Canada's Historic Places - A Federal, Provincial and Territorial Collaboration.

Photographed on October 25, 2018.

1 comment:

  1. I was here a few years ago. It was raining and I am glad I did not get stuck when I was taking photos.

    ReplyDelete