Thursday, August 29, 2024

A Look Inside the Empress Train Station


About six weeks after my first visit to the Empress Train Station I had the opportunity to revisit and take some photos of the interior. 


Inside it is spacious and inviting.  


The maple floor and all of the woodwork has been refinished and look like new.


The open door is on the town side of the station.



Enjoy the prairie landscape while you wait for your train.



A vintage Royal typewriter.


The double doors leading to the baggage/freight area.


Notice the cutout on the lower corner of the door on the left.  That was to let the resident cat access to the freight room to catch mice (which I'm sure were plentiful).



A few details.


A piece of the original railway track that ran past the station.

The Empress Train Station has been lovingly restored to its former glory.  Stop by for a visit.

Photographed in Empress, Alberta on July 17, 2017.

3 comments:

  1. Do they use it for any functions I wonder. Interesting to see the old typewriter. Am I dating myself by saying I learned to type on one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful old building - a real trip back in time!

    ReplyDelete