Saturday, November 21, 2020

Over the Hill

 

I was on my way home from a short road trip when I decided to take a detour off the Trans Canada Highway and head north of Chaplin, Saskatchewan.  Just over a hill I saw the upper half of an old grain elevator.  

Taking a side road gave me this view to the east...

...and another side road gave me this view to the west.

The name "Marzolf" is painted on this side of the elevator.  That's a name I've seen in a few country cemeteries in the surrounding area.

Photographed near Thunder Creek, Saskatchewan on November 5, 2020.

7 comments:

  1. I had the same experience with this elevator, although I knew its location and was watching for it. Would like to have had a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the area to see Saints Peter and Paul Ukrainian Catholic Church and Cemetery...the elevator was a bonus.

      Delete
  2. I ran across this a few years ago. Great looking elevator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happening across something like this has to be fun. I inherited my love for roads less traveled from my dad and have many times over the years horrified my husband by heading down a road we've never seen before. He's gotten over it pretty much by now (42 years of marriage will do that) and accepts it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing to take the road less traveled...adventure awaits! :-)

      Delete
    2. My thoughts exactly! Altho' MY idea of adventure and what my husband thinks of seem to be two different things.

      Delete