Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Saint John the Evangelist Part 1



On my last road trip of 2019 I passed through Fort Qu'Appelle, Saskatchewan on a very overcast Monday morning.  I hadn't been through here in about forty years and since my memory really isn't very good, it was pretty well all new to me.  Saint John the Evangelist Anglican Church immediately caught my eye.



The stone building with brick accents is mostly original to 1885 and is in beautiful condition.



I love the big square bell tower at the front corner.  And yes, there is still a bell in the tower.



The stone cairn on the street corner was erected on the one hundredth anniversary.


Also on the one hundredth anniversary...members of the church donated beautiful new stained glass windows to grace their historical stone church.  More about that next time.

Photographed on December 16, 2019.

2 comments: