Saturday, November 06, 2021

Dog River

I was listening to the radio yesterday when the news came on and heard that the grain elevator in Rouleau, Saskatchewan had been destroyed by fire in the early hours of the morning.

Rouleau is world famous for the TV series "Corner Gas" and in that series, the town was known as "Dog River."


This is a photo taken about a year previous.  Sad to see it go.  I grew up not far from here where it had been a familiar landmark.  One more prairie sentinel is gone.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Photographed on November 4, 2020.

5 comments:

  1. I'd be willing to bet it was arson and I hope there's a special place reserved in h-e-double-hockey-sticks for the perps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hadn't heard that sad news. Too bad. I always enjoyed "Corner Gas."

    ReplyDelete
  3. At one time there were seven grain elevators in Rouleau.

    ReplyDelete