Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Popowich Cemetery


On a road trip a couple of years ago I came across this tiny country cemetery in the snow.  I can't help but think of these little discoveries in the countryside as a gift of the moment.            


I'm always captivated by the mauve-gray light of winter...something I'd best describe as divine light...and the snow looks so pure.             


The only information I could find about the cemetery was that between 1930 and 1949 there were a dozen burials. 

Information courtesy of the Saskatchewan Cemeteries Project.           

Photographed near Krasne, Saskatchewan on January 21, 2021.

6 comments:

  1. Your lighting isⁿ⁸ captivating..superb..ethereal.. these photos are soulful images of the price exacted by the land and elements..enigmatic..haunting my own prairie childhood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. The view conjures up memories of growing up in southeastern Saskatchewan.

      Delete
  2. So lonely and yet so lovely at the same time. Great photos (even tho' they DO involve snow!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these memorable moments out on the prairie...even in winter!

      Delete
  3. I stumbled across this place in winter as well and my photo is very close to the same.

    ReplyDelete